To God be the Glory!

In this blog you may see photographs taken by Erwin Mascarinas.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dagkot Festival 2012

Every city has its own patron saint.  The city that we visited last month was Cabadbaran City. This city is celebrating Dagkot Festival.  "To Light", is the meaning of dagkot.  This festival is for its patron saint, Nuestra Senora de Candilaria.



This is the first time that I have visited and took part of the celebration.  The usual reasons was that because of the fact that its also a fiesta, which means there are a lot of foods for everybody who goes there. I went there with my family, we visited some would-be relatives on my part and of course, before those escapades, we attended the mass.


It never occurred in my mind that I would be amazed by this city's beauty.  Not only are its places that attracts me; but also of the local's faith of their city's patron saint.  The festival was flooded with candles full of hopes and prayers from different people all around the place, and the tourists from neighboring towns.

Even children lit up their candles, they may not know the essence of what they did, but I am certain that it made some difference.

I can even remember how the traffic jammed the streets, of how the people crowded in and out of the church and of how it is to be like in the middle of the festival.  It feels good for it is my first time in that place.  Even so, I enjoyed the whole trip.




I have thought that I would go back to this city and will visit the places that I have not landed my foot upon. Its more fun in the Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment